E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Upper sound problem with E1

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:52:41 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EI Technical Issues / Tips
| | |-+  Upper sound problem with E1
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Upper sound problem with E1  (Read 3563 times)
fabinto

« on: April 07, 2011, 01:46:29 AM »

Hello

I m in charge to repair an emu E1 I ve find answer to many problem but not this one
When I power on the machine it load the lower sound with no problem (the led lower
is off after the load and i heard lower sound...) and then the loading stop and the upper
led is on to tell me a upper loading problem....
The functions work (for example I can swap the lower sound so I think that the memory work).
I don't think that is the disk player cause I ve 3 player and it make the same trouble with the 3...
After the lower sound loading, I push on the upper that make a very quick access on the disk player
(less than 1 seconde) and it stop whithout loading the upper... :-(
Have you an idea ?
A few thanks for your answer
Best regards
Fabien
lubb

« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2011, 10:43:46 AM »

Hello, Fabien,

I have experienced the same trouble, but only with several disks from many... If the LED of the GET UPPER button remains lit, it indicates a damaged disk or a misaligned disk drive... The usual errors will be CRC (Cyclic redundancy check) or WRONG TRACK. I suppose you have tried several disks with the same result... ? Did you try also to re-read the disk that gives the error..? (I mean immediately after the first attempt...) Are you sure that all three disk drives you have tried are not misaligned..? (I know, it is rather improbable... :-)

There is also a diagnostic disk called Emulator Disk Exerciser, but as far as I know, nobody from the community has it... (neither has it Rob from EmulatorArchive... )

Of course, the best thing would be to by-pass the disk drive and try the E1 with the KryoFlux and HxC... (see video made by esynthesist below on this forum...)

Best of luck...

lubb
« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 12:45:31 AM by lubb » Logged
fabinto

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2011, 01:57:41 AM »

Hello
Thx Lubb for your answer...
I see what you want to explain...I 've 3 disk player but of course they re old :-(
Yesterday I've work on the machine and the double load lower and upper have
work ! but only one time and on only one disk....(i've a lot of disk).
Yes i've see the sd interface a few days ago...it's was the solution to remove all reading disk problem
I wanted to put this card reader after repair all the problem....
And I think I need an operational disk player to put the sound on the sd :-(
Or i must find someone who can copy a sd with a few sound already copy on it....
So I must work and work to find a solution...
And the machine switch on...I've the lower sound ! when the man give it to me
to repair there was no sound, no keyboard and no loading so i 've make 70% of my work ! :-) ;-)
sorry for my english
thx again :-)

esynthesist
E-mu Software God

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2011, 11:07:18 AM »

And I think I need an operational disk player to put the sound on the sd :-(
Indeed, unfortunately the Emulator-I has only one floppy drive, so when you replace it by the SD HxC, you can not load the floppy disks anymore to save them afterwards on the SD card (as is possible with a double drive Emulator-II).
If you have floppy disks for the Emulator-I that you want to rescue/backup to SD card, the easiest way is to buy also a KryoFlux USB floppy disk controller and a second hand 5.25 floppy drive used in old PCs. With these devices you can copy the floppy disks on a Windows PC and convert/save the result to the SD card.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Upper sound problem with E1

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines