E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - It will soon arrive.... my DPX-1 !

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:32:07 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EII Technical Issues / Tips
| | |-+  It will soon arrive.... my DPX-1 !
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: It will soon arrive.... my DPX-1 !  (Read 8122 times)
esynthesist
E-mu Software God

« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2010, 02:07:39 PM »

It's probably an alignment problem of the floppy disk drive...
I mean a kind of calibration difference between the drive in the DPX and the drive in the PC...

What happens if you write floppy disks on the DPX1 itself and then try to reload them in the DPX ? Can the DPX read its own disks ?
(you can do a "dump" of a previously loaded soundbank to a 3.5 floppy disk on the DPX - see DPX manual for more information)
And can DPXREAD read these disks written by the DPX1 ?

Instead of DPXREAD, DPXWRITE and DPXFORMAT you may also try OmniFlop.
If I remember well Jason has fixed the DPX support after some mail conversations I had with him, so OmniFlop should work fine with DPX disks. The files created by E2DPX can be written by both OmniFlop and DPXWRITE.
The floppy drivers you need to install for OmniFlop can live together with the FdRawCmd driver of DPXTOOLS on a Windows system, so that shouldn't be a concern...

Note: One of my DPX1 units also often shows the DE error. If that happens, I just keep trying the load button until the DPX succeeds in reading the disk. I think the floppy drive in my DPX1 is almost dead.
Time to replace it with the HxC SD Card unit  Wink
rtech

« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2010, 03:26:49 PM »

Thanks, Esynthesist. I'll try that. I hope this will correct the problem. I did have to open the DPX floppy drive to fix it as it was not detecting an inserted disk. I think my FD Drive is about to die soon also. I have over 100 disks that the DPX came with an only obout 5 do not work with it. I will try omniflop, thanks.

ps. I saw the youtube video on the HxC SD Card and it would be awsome to have something like it not just for the DPX but for other FD based Music Equiptment.

rtech
Elmbeatz

Official E-Mu Addict

« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2010, 12:54:30 AM »

it would be awsome to have something like it not just for the DPX but for other FD based Music Equiptment.

Yes. For the EII FOR EXAMPLE.....    Roll Eyes
rtech

« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2010, 01:14:08 AM »

Thanks Esynthesist. It worked, I tried a different drive and now I am enjoying the wonderful EII sound libraries. I am hoping that when I get my hands on an EII the HxC SD card will ge available for it. I have been trying to come up with an EII for quite a while but, havent found the right one for the right price.

Once again, thanks for the help with the E2DPX conversion. 

rtech
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - It will soon arrive.... my DPX-1 !

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines