E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Mod for lots of ram?

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:39:39 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  Emax II Technical Issues / Tips
| | |-+  Mod for lots of ram?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Mod for lots of ram?  (Read 3699 times)
shiverca

« on: February 25, 2012, 10:16:36 AM »

Hey I've seen a couple Emax II's with much more Ram than 8megs....recently one with 100megs ram!
Not HARD DRIVE....RAM

Any idea how this is done? I know it's possible I've seen it so I'm assuming some interesting modding has to be done if anyone knows how let us know.
Chevytraveller

« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2012, 10:56:59 AM »

I would remain VERY sceptical of this claim unless you can provide more than anecdotal evidence.. I have never see or heard of this happening anywhere within the Emax community

The modification(if possible) would require an extensive redesign of the main board to allow greater addressing of memory as well as a complete re-write of the OS..
To do this, would also require the reverse-engineering the original OS code in order to rewrite the code to read the extra memory.. this is no mean feat..

I'd be fascinated if you can provide additional proof of this feat (as I'm sure would many others)

Grin

Soft: MBP 15", X-Station, Logic X, U-He Diva, Camel Alchemy,
Hard: MPC1K, Emax I, Emax II, Emulator II, E-Synth, Waldorf Q, AS Telemark, AS Leipzig-SK, AS Vostok, Oberheim TVS-1, Roland Promars,
shiverca

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2012, 11:22:42 AM »

Hey I figured it would be very involved.

I asked the seller of the recent board ( other i saw was years ago)
and she got it from a studio but no contact info.
The buyer of the board would be the person to verify
with that it does have 100 Meg's ram but it could still be in shipping
eBay auction number was: 280828030166
It just ended this week so info is still there
Chevytraveller

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2012, 11:54:48 AM »

Would be a nice idea, but sadly I think this is a classic case of the seller not listing correctly and/or not knowing anything about Emaxes

If they had actually put in the amount of man-hours required to get something like that to work, they would have made a much bigger noise about it and would almost certainly be known amongst the Emax forums.

People with the dedication needed to make a project like this work are few and far between.. People such as Kris(Esynthesist), Ted Summers and Jammie have all helped keep these instruments alive and take their usage beyond  any ordinary product life.

It is around these people that communities like this exist.

Grin

Soft: MBP 15", X-Station, Logic X, U-He Diva, Camel Alchemy,
Hard: MPC1K, Emax I, Emax II, Emulator II, E-Synth, Waldorf Q, AS Telemark, AS Leipzig-SK, AS Vostok, Oberheim TVS-1, Roland Promars,
Elmbeatz

Official E-Mu Addict

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2012, 01:11:37 PM »

well said chevytraveller!
Senatorcdi

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2012, 12:35:52 PM »

Hi, I was the buyer of this emaxII, and it only has 2MB ram, and also the hard drive is only showing as having 30MB, hope this clears this up for you all.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Mod for lots of ram?

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines