E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Controlling the sequencer - Sys Ex?

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 09:19:48 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EIII General Discussion
| | |-+  Controlling the sequencer - Sys Ex?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Controlling the sequencer - Sys Ex?  (Read 5704 times)
dvdborn
Administrator

« on: March 10, 2008, 03:37:11 PM »

It would be great if there was a possibility to remotely mute/unmute/solo the 16 tracks of the sequencer like on the page: Sequencer Management > 4 - Track Status.

Does anybody happen to know if the EIII receives SysEx? That way, it might be possible to control the 16 tracks using a MIDI controller.

I know that it's possible to control the EIII via MIDI with the program EIII Remote. So I'm guessing that there's a way.

David

dvdborn
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2008, 02:47:19 PM »

Replying to my own topic...

I tried out the EIII Remote software and I learned that the EIII does accept Sys.Ex. messages. But only for the front panel buttons.

This means that my plan, to control the EIII individual sequencer tracks, won't work.

Though, it is possible to use an external MIDI controller as a remote control for the EIII, duplicating all the buttons of the front panel. The MIDI controller needs to be capable of transmitting MIDI Sys.Ex. messages.

Has anyone else tried out the EIII Remote program? I wasn't able to see the LCD screen data in the application? Is this normal behaviour?

David

Elmbeatz

Official E-Mu Addict

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2008, 04:28:22 AM »

I tried it, and it worked perfectly.
It hung up sometimes, but that was my buggy mac I think. I reinstalled the system, as SD4EII hung up too often, and at least SD runs very fine now. I think EIII remote should run now without hanging up, too.

Greetz,
Elm.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Controlling the sequencer - Sys Ex?

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines