E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - EMAX PROBLEMS not mentioned yet .. need help

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:20:11 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  Emax Technical Issues / Tips
| | |-+  EMAX PROBLEMS not mentioned yet .. need help
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: EMAX PROBLEMS not mentioned yet .. need help  (Read 2251 times)
serpath

« on: March 20, 2013, 11:25:48 AM »

hey all,

i have an emax 1 and after a while he start at bootup to let the analog processing led be lit up for a while.
i also have to say that use a floppy emulator for 8 months but at december it starts to do some weird things.
the led i already mentioned mean UNABLA TO LOAD SOFTWARE .. from were? which destination?
also sometime it crashs in some distorted notes or the sound left fully and just the click of the fitlers are audible.

so thats the point the diagnostic pdf says: MAYBE THE ECHIP IS NOT CALIBRATED .. in the service manual i found a trimmer
in the shematic left the e chip .. but there is none on the board (rev 2) .. the only trimmer i found is that on the PSU .. should it be that one which be needed to get trimmed? i repaired much synths but that emax is a mysterium to me because that e-shit .. uhem chip ^^ thing. if i start a sequence it plays for a randomly time for a while .. but anytime the sound doesnt appear anymore .. i need to do a reload. i also replaced all sound memory, cleaned every socket chip (the legs with aceton). i also did some recapping .. but now it driveĀ“s into frustration .. maybe someone could help anyhow .. would be great !!

cheers
micha
serpath

« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2013, 01:22:02 PM »

.. mmh ... so is that trimpot on the power supply the trimpot for calibrating the e chip? yes or no? Smiley Huh
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - EMAX PROBLEMS not mentioned yet .. need help

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines