E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Recommend a stand for 2 (or more -;)) Eii

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 11:42:29 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EII General Discussion
| | |-+  Recommend a stand for 2 (or more -;)) Eii
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Recommend a stand for 2 (or more -;)) Eii  (Read 3877 times)
Solaris

« on: November 16, 2012, 02:56:08 PM »

Wink title says it all any recommendation with a shop link to share ? Thank you !
Cheers
kdk

« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2012, 01:58:48 PM »

I assume you're asking about keyboard stands -

I've got several types that I've used - Heres are my comments in no particular order:

1) ProLine PL-403. It's a triple-tier with a double-X support. The lowest tier is rock solid. I've had 3 of them, and I'm not really happy with the upper tiers. The hinges for adjusting the tilt forward are stamped metal and there just doesn't seem to be much strength there.

I actually had one fail as the teeth stripped on one side - I had a OB-8 on the bottom, I forget what was on the second tier, and a D-50 on the top. The hing supporting the second tier on the left side failed and the two upper tiers swung forward and slipped down - they were still up on the stand due to the midi, audio, and power cables holding them up! The only damage was to one of the keys on the D-50 getting wedged into the clip on the end of the tier.

I'm moving away from these as I can get other stands.

kdk

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2012, 02:02:48 PM »

2) ProLine PL-400
http://www.guitarcenter.com/ProLine-PL-400-Double-X-Braced-Keyboard-Stand-102530888-i1167837.gc

I added two ProLine 2nd tier supports to it to make it into a triple-tier stand.
http://www.guitarcenter.com/ProLine-Add-On-Tier-for-PL-400-Keyboard-Stand-103997045-i1446330.gc

The hinges on these second tiers seem much more rugged that the ones that are built into the PL-403. Instead of stamped metal, they are cast and have much more surface area to mate. They are also braced across the tiers, adding a bit of extra strength.

There are reports on the GuitCent web site of the PL-400 collapsing... I've not had that problem.

I've currently got my EII on the bottom, S-50 on the middle, and MS-2000 on top and it seems fine with those.
kdk

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2012, 02:09:16 PM »

3) Ultimate Support A-Frames

I just bought two used Ultimate A-frames made with 1.5 inch aluminum tubes. I've always been a bit worried about these tubes slipping with heavier keyboards, but I have enough tubes with the set I bought that I have a support on the front and rear legs for heavy stuff, like my JP-8.

I have a Virus KC on top and JX-3P on next down on one stand, and then a Waldorf Q top, D-50 second, JD-800 third, and the JP-8 4th on the second stand I have.

Seem fine, and are a bit of a pain to set up and get leveled. I suppose my tubes have some bending from road use.

By the way, one of these stands came with a piece of white gaffers tape with the name "Steppenwolf" written on it. The previous owner confirmed that he bought the stands from a company that did lighting for Steppenwolf.
kdk

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2012, 02:16:26 PM »

4) On-Stage Stands
Here's a two-tier one:
http://www.guitarcenter.com/On-Stage-Stands-KS-7902-2-Tier-A-Frame-Keyboard-Stand-105327100-i1142214.gc

Very similar to the Ultimate, but these have some grooves in the tubes that mate up with notches on the fittings to keep the tubes from slipping, as I've worried about with the Ultimate stands.

I've got some heavy keys on this one - Chroma Polaris on top, DX-5 in middle, and with supports on both front and rear legs, I've got a Synclavier VP/K (keyboard only - it's a friends and he doesn't have the Synclav computer to run it, so it's a nice, unfunctional piece of history. Clamed to have been uesd by Mick Jones of Foreigner!) It's rock solid even with all these keys on it.

I'll be getting another On-Stage next time I need a stand.
Solaris

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2012, 02:29:27 PM »

Thanks form sharing your experience ! Very much appreciated ! This stand will need to support 2eii and one other big one if it arrives one day (no need to name it  Angry) see my nick name...

It is purely for home studio use and not gigging, I'm in Europe though, most brands are available around here as well hopefully

Syncla

my beloved

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2012, 11:34:17 AM »

i´ve an Jaspers Stand for my E III K and E II. They´re leightwieht and stable.

Pics if wanted!

The only Answer for all questions is: Emulator

E III Kb ; E IV XT ULTRA ; E-Synth Rack; Emax SE Plus Kb
Solaris

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2012, 01:11:51 PM »

Grin pics always appreciated ! Thanks !
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Recommend a stand for 2 (or more -;)) Eii

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines