E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Emulator II: Using EmuSer with Basilisk II?

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:18:12 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EII General Discussion
| | |-+  Emulator II: Using EmuSer with Basilisk II?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Emulator II: Using EmuSer with Basilisk II?  (Read 2466 times)
AndyCrystal
« on: November 04, 2019, 05:08:20 AM »

Possible? Did someone manage to do that?

I have configured Basilisk II with System 7.5 and Sound Designer to run locally on my MBP but I was wondering if it was possible to make BasiliskII see and use the Emuser to control the Emulator II
esynthesist
E-mu Software God

« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2019, 03:33:34 AM »

I have done some investigation for getting the EmuSer to work with Basilisk II. But so far I didn't succeed.
I was hoping that I just had to add some EmuSer specific instructions to the Serial routine source code of Basilisk II, but when I tried to do that I observed that the serial routines of Basilisk II are simply not called when running SoundDesigner in Basilisk and trying to send/receive data via RS422 in SoundDesigner. So my code changes had no effect whatsoever...

I assume that SoundDesigner for EII is not using the standard Mac System 6/7 function library for serial communication, but rather another method (e.g. more low level). Even in that case it might be possible to intercept those calls in Basilisk and add EmuSer support to them, but my first attempts in this area were not successful neither.
I didn't put any time into this anymore...
AndyCrystal
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2019, 09:21:51 AM »

Thank for the reply E-synthesist.

On the EmuII/Emax Facebook group, a user said they are investigating a solution using this:

http://www.toughdev.com/content/2016/11/pcemacplus-the-ultimate-68k-classic-macintosh-emulator/?fbclid=IwAR3lnlTh15yUb7pgbyZFgV_FdlaSlk9M_XiNPqafa6ixLk7JD5gCaBkyqM4

He will keep us posted if they find a solution. In the meanwhile I will stick to using my Mac VI
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Emulator II: Using EmuSer with Basilisk II?

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines