E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - my EIII rebirth

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:36:26 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EIII Technical Issues / Tips
| | |-+  my EIII rebirth
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: my EIII rebirth  (Read 3803 times)
eddyemma

« on: June 12, 2009, 03:35:34 PM »

I'm not exactly a tech or an electronician, just a 39 years old french teatcher, fond of music and samplers...
Last week i bought a "dead" EIII for 450 euros.

-The beast didn't wanna boot... (or one time on ten...)
Little cleaning of the drive fixed the issue... After a moment, Mister EIII started to freeze every 2 minutes...
Thanx to Dr C, the calibration procedure and a big cleaning of the psu fixed the problem.

So... the hard disk is ok (apple 250 mo)... Time for 1st sample... wow! my EIII is a collection of all the issues mentionned in every topics!

crappy sounds, no stereo outputs, few mono outs dead and some white keys don't respond.

here is what i did: each chip (on the 5 cards) have been being taken away, pins were gently scratched with light sandpapaer, a lot of contact cleaner was spread everywhere( in the empty "tulipe" supports, on every electronic part, etc...)

Same thing for every flat wire contacters and for the memory slots and cards...
Now the EIII is 100 back to life! Everything works perfect! So thanx 1000 time to all of you! Without this forum it would have been nearly impossible!
tip: the noiseblocker s3 (pc 12v fans) make excellent and noiseless fans for the EIII!!!
« Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 03:40:31 PM by eddyemma » Logged
dr.c
E-mu Doctor

I'm a hot dog !

« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2009, 03:45:33 PM »

You bastard... its MY 250 Meg Apple disk I gave to the guy from wich you bought it and he never paid it to me !   Grin (Bastard : I am jocking, this term is not bad in english as in french).
I must say as well that I did'nt run after them to be paid, I didn't give a s***, in fact...

You made a good job, let me know if you need anything else !
eddyemma

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2009, 03:57:54 PM »

oups! lol
sorry to hear that :-(
if you have a working smaller one, we can make an exchange ;-)
eddyemma

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2009, 03:59:58 PM »

this guy Damien is incerdible: He has many beautifull beasts: prophet VS, ppg 2.2+ waveterm b, minimoog, jupiter8, prophet 5, memorymoog, and others!!
nice studio ;-) (but no more EIII ;-)))
dr.c
E-mu Doctor

I'm a hot dog !

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2009, 11:49:01 PM »

I made an article about them in Keyboards-Recording, n°229, "La brigade des studs".
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - my EIII rebirth

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines