E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Route 66 - Beware!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:06:27 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EII General Discussion
| | |-+  Route 66 - Beware!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Route 66 - Beware!  (Read 11513 times)
PX-7
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2009, 09:41:44 PM »

Undecided  I know man.  Non of that stuff seems normal or right.

ETA on your parts:   I would say late August in actual human earth time.  Whatever clock they work on over there is not from this planet or dimension of time.  
« Last Edit: July 26, 2009, 09:44:43 PM by PX-7 » Logged
PX-7
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2009, 06:00:59 PM »

midipuppies,  any word on your parts yet?
midipuppies

« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2009, 08:34:55 AM »

Nothing yet. I will call them today.

The problem is not the problem.
Your attitude toward the problem is the problem.
sneakyalien

« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2009, 03:34:32 PM »

Undecided  I know man.  Non of that stuff seems normal or right.

ETA on your parts:   I would say late August in actual human earth time.  Whatever clock they work on over there is not from this planet or dimension of time.  

They are actually from the Dalek Planet of Scarro and work off a clock that is denoted in Rels instead of seconds,every now and then a big blue police telephone box arrives in their store rooms and wakes everyone up-Thats when they look at what orders have come in and then start assembling the orders.
It is quite interesting how they assemble orders-They place all the parts in a large zero gravity simulation room and then switch on the zero gravity emulator,all the parts float around in the air and then Richard and Stacy pedal around on Penny Farthings collecting and grabbing at the parts in a rather manic random fashion.Any parts grabbed are thrown into a box and then that box is shipped to the person who ordered it.They then sit back and wonder why no one gets the parts they want.
Madness really,they really do need a proper and sane method of making the orders up.

I to have experienced the wonder of Route 66,two months to get a floppy kit to me with eproms etc and then the order was wrong.To be fare to Rich though he did try his best to sort it out,I get the impression he has surrounded himself with clowns who do not have the same commitment he has for his company.
sneakyalien

« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2009, 03:38:02 PM »

I've heard bad things about these guys in forums.
It's true.  I have to file a claim with Paypal for non-delivery
of product.  They take your money, won't return emails or calls,
and do not deliver products.

Does anyone else know where I can buy an Emax 1 disk.
The whole method of downloading off the internet is bullshit.
It doesn't work.  I've tried all week and i'm more than strong
behind a PC/Mac.  

Who else supplies OS disks for Emax's

You aint kidding,I purchased an emu II replacement drive and waited a month and nothing arrived,when I contacted them they said I had not paid for the goods(and that is a polite way of putting it -the tone of the email was accusational to say the least)I sent them the paypal details which proved I did.They then said I should have communicated with them from the same email I placed the order with-Again more lets blame the customer for our shitty services.
Route 66 then sent the stuff I had ordered out which was supposes to be an emu II drive,2 eproms and a 3.5 inch  containing the latest OS ,well,what I got was an emax OS disk and two eproms did not work.The drive seemed ok but no instructions were included.
Route 66 sent me two replacement eproms and a new os disk but all in all it took 2 months and loads of hassle and shitty emails from both parts myself and Stacy their 'Business Manager'.In fact the tone of the emails from Stacy from the outset was one of blame and aggression.If I had a business, Stacy would not be the manager of it or would Stacy be allowed to communicate with customers because Stacy has no people skills whatsoever.Stacy would be put in a darkened room and kept well away from customers and fed on Pizza and other slim items that could be slipped under the locked door:-)

If I had to buy replacement parts again it would not be from Route 66.
Ok, in the end Rich did take over and to be fare he did try his best to resolve the issues but, honestly when trying to get parts I could do without the hassle.Because all in all I was made to feel like a nuisance to route 66 for daring to ask for the goods I had purchased from them and at times they had become quite bent out of shape with their attitude which is amazing really.
Simple fact-I would not purchase use them again who needs the hassle.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2009, 03:43:19 PM by sneakyalien » Logged
midipuppies

« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2009, 04:06:02 PM »

Still no parts for me. Now I am getting worried. I have encountered operations like this before- usually a less than favorable outcome. I just don't see what the difficulty is. Parts in stock, payment received, ship out. Huh

PX-7
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2009, 06:15:08 PM »

midipuppies,  just curious..  did you ever get your junk yet?

« Last Edit: August 10, 2009, 10:06:06 AM by PX-7 » Logged
Escobar

« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2009, 02:36:23 PM »

@midipuppies:
It took me a little bit more than a month for me to receive my stuff from Route66 when I ordered from them two years ago. I can't say they are the fastest company but they did send me my things (ROM's for my Roland SuperJX and OS disk for EII). I think they are sending it with the cheapest carrier they can find and that might be the reason for your wait.

Just my 2 cents...

midipuppies

« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2009, 08:24:46 AM »

Got a hold of them last week, Thursday I think, and the items were in the 'testing' stage. Exactly what that entails I have no idea. Does that mean the drives and shit are new or refurbished?

PX-7
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2009, 06:16:37 PM »

They told a friend of mine the same thing.  I think it's just fluff to buy more time in whatever they do over there.

Route 66..... Boooooooooo!!
(thumbs down) Boooooooooo.    Angry
midipuppies

« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2009, 07:16:36 PM »

Well, I just got my parts. It's all there and looks to be in one piece.
As long as everything works, I'm golden.

PX-7
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2009, 09:52:56 PM »

Thank God.  A month is too long, but at least you got it all.
That's tits man.  I bet you're stoked.

midipuppies

« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2009, 04:27:05 AM »

Relieved. Now I just need the time to get everything fixed up. I've got two EII's sitting here that I know NOTHING about, a busted E4K, and about a dozen backlights waiting to be replaced. Poor me. Wink

dr.c
E-mu Doctor

I'm a hot dog !

« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2009, 10:30:52 AM »

Looks like that WE are not going to have a hard time... Grin Grin Grin
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Route 66 - Beware!

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines