E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - EII Owners: Reliability issues - The Horrible Truth

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:39:55 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EII Technical Issues / Tips
| | |-+  EII Owners: Reliability issues - The Horrible Truth
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: EII Owners: Reliability issues - The Horrible Truth  (Read 14525 times)
Elmbeatz

Official E-Mu Addict

« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2009, 01:40:45 AM »

Surely it is our responsibility to keep as many of these wonderful samplers in as near original state as possible, not chop them up and rack them or even spray them black....

I'm with you completely!!!
Jim Stout

« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2009, 01:53:18 PM »

Jesus christ Ok I get it!

I'll restore it to the original color.

HideawayStudio

Hideaway Studio

« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2009, 02:36:13 PM »

Jesus christ Ok I get it!

I'll restore it to the original color.

OK - Maybe I was a little harsh - I actually thought the EII looked quite good in black.      It's the whole rack thing that has upset me really - what a thing to do to what is such a special piece of vintage studio gear.

EII+, EIIIXP, EMAX II Turbo.  Electronic Design Engineer and Collector/Restorer of Vintage Music Gear
HideawayStudio

Hideaway Studio

« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2009, 02:49:52 PM »

I am seeing this with my Novachord which is now extremely rare as so many went to the dumpster - terrible considering it was the FIRST polyphonic synth designed in 1937 (it contains 163 valves!) and only 1069 were ever made in the first place!

Surely it is our responsibility to keep as many of these wonderful samplers in as near original state as possible, not chop them up and rack them or even spray them black....

Do a cut and shut on your EII and you WILL regret it in 10 years time!

I can't beleive you have a novachord that thing is soooo coool

Yes - it's for real - it's one hell of a beast but it will require some 2-4 years of part time engineering work to replace 1000 capacitors and several hundred resistors to make it stable enough to record with.   If you were to pay a tech to do this you'd part with a 5 figure number!  This is not an instrument you buy in the hope that it just might work properly - it won't!   What makes it worse is that all of the caps are custom values which means you have to select the right capacitance by wiring two in parallel - so in reality it's more like 2000 capacitors Wink   That said - the final result is truely unique!

EII+, EIIIXP, EMAX II Turbo.  Electronic Design Engineer and Collector/Restorer of Vintage Music Gear
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - EII Owners: Reliability issues - The Horrible Truth

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines