E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - White rectangular interface on back of EIII keyboard

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:38:52 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EIII Technical Issues / Tips
| | |-+  White rectangular interface on back of EIII keyboard
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: White rectangular interface on back of EIII keyboard  (Read 3051 times)
midipuppies

« on: July 14, 2009, 08:29:40 PM »

So, I am not sure if all EIII's have this or not, but mine has a white rectangular block connector on the back.
It must have at least a couple dozen in holes in it that look as if it a connector of some kind. Forgive my ignorance, but any ideas?

Keep on E-mulating. Cool

The problem is not the problem.
Your attitude toward the problem is the problem.
rokuez
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2009, 12:11:54 AM »

So, I am not sure if all EIII's have this or not, but mine has a white rectangular block connector on the back.
It must have at least a couple dozen in holes in it that look as if it a connector of some kind. Forgive my ignorance, but any ideas?

Keep on E-mulating. Cool

any pics? 

Does it look like this http://www.eiiiforum.com/picsfromusers/eiiicomparison/IMG_1026.JPG

Notice the extra connection on the back that goes through the word  E-mu
That is a port connected to the scsi cable for an external CD. 

I got this EIII from emu HQ near santa cruz.  It was the EIII that the tech would have in front of  them when customers called in so they could walk through the problems with an EIII in front of them.

pic is from this thread http://eiiiforum.com/index.php?topic=211.0

Macbook Pro 2.6 Ghz, 2.3 intel cpu w/ RME Fireface 800 Mackie HR824 s, PC p4 2.3 180 gig hd, 2 gb ram, Emu 1212m adat out 2 the rme, M-Audio Midisport 2x2, & . Atari ST Notator SMPTE Tracker, Yamaha kx88 , E-mu Emulator II, 2 Emu Emulator III rack, Prophet 5 Rev2, Andromeda
dlmorley

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2009, 01:25:06 AM »

Just looks like a multipin connector so someone could just connect/disconnect the seperate outputs quickly.
EG: Whilst writing just use the stereo outs and then when mixing or recording, plug the connector in and route each voice to it's own track.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - White rectangular interface on back of EIII keyboard

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines