E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Emulator III/Emax II and the 640 Mb MO drive

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:36:14 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EIII Technical Issues / Tips
| | |-+  Emulator III/Emax II and the 640 Mb MO drive
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Emulator III/Emax II and the 640 Mb MO drive  (Read 2440 times)
Oleg

« on: February 05, 2019, 07:01:58 AM »

Hello! Does anybody know, will the Fujitsu SCSI MO drive "DynaMO 640 SE" work with Emulator III and/or Emax II? No matter how the EIII/Emax II will format the disks, if at all. Just will it work or not?
Thank you.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2019, 07:53:52 AM by Oleg » Logged

Let's have a Black Celebration!
Oleg

« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2019, 11:38:32 AM »

The drive is recognized, but EIII writes and reads only disks with 128, 256 and 540 Mb capacity. 640 Mb disks are not recognized, since their sectors size is different, something like that. Didn't try with Emax II yet.

I would also like to thank Esynthesist for his Emuser and the EMXP software, I just bought the Emax I SE rack + Emuser for ~200 euros (ha-ha-ha!), and the whole system works flawlessly. Thank you, Sir, for your admirable work! You literally bring the E-MU magic "to the masses"! Wink
Cheers from Moscow!
« Last Edit: February 09, 2019, 12:00:18 PM by Oleg » Logged

Let's have a Black Celebration!
dvdborn
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2019, 03:08:39 PM »

I?ve got several 640MB MO drives (also Fujitsu). But, I?ve never found a way to format them on my EIII.

It?s been several years since I tried it and I didn?t document my findings back then.
I?ll give it a try again and report back.

There has to be some interleave setting that should work.

Side note: I am able to use the MO drives with my Roland S-770, E4XT and MPC3000.
dvdborn
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2019, 04:01:42 PM »

I gave it another try today with a Fujitsu 640MB MO drive and several Sony 640MB MO disks.

I was unable to format any of the disks. Each time I was presented with a SCSI Hardware Error message.
I tried several interleave settings. But, without any luck.

However, I was able to use a 230MB MO disk in the 640MB MO drive.

It looks like we won't be able to use 640MB MO disks with our EIII's.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Emulator III/Emax II and the 640 Mb MO drive

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines