E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - EMXP and DREM?

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:08:29 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EII General Discussion
| | |-+  EMXP and DREM?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: EMXP and DREM?  (Read 1594 times)
PatPend

« on: March 15, 2019, 04:15:14 PM »

Hi, I'm new here & happy to finally have an opportunity restore my EII+HD that was in a road case for the last 20 years.  The amount of decrepit foam that somehow made its way inside the EII was shocking.  Stored with it was a CDS3 and the three OMI Universe of Sounds CDs which I have imaged, and extracted using CDS3TOOL.  It's great to see all the development and support going on for these great old instruments.

Amazingly the EII still boots from floppies & plays.  However the HD is dead so I ordered a DREM.  I should be able to load all 1466 OMI banks onto a minimum of 32 DREM HD images stored on one SD card.  BUT even if the CDS3 still works (I haven't tested that yet) it will take months to manually load every bank from each CD then store it on the DREM and knowing myself I will probably never finish.

So my question is, is a version of EXMP in the works that can load soundbanks extracted using CDS3TOOL directly into a DREM disk file?  Or is there some other way to accomplish this?

thanks,
Russ

* IMG_5841.jpg (418.41 KB, 1600x1200 - viewed 478 times.)

* EII-2.jpg (345.45 KB, 1600x1200 - viewed 485 times.)
« Last Edit: March 18, 2019, 04:19:12 AM by PatPend » Logged

Emulator II+HD, OMI CDS3, Prophet 5 rev. 3.3, OB-8, DX-7 E!, LAMM Memorymoog, Behringer Model D
esynthesist
E-mu Software God

« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2019, 02:16:40 AM »

It was already mentioned in another thread, but since this thread is explicitly related to EMXP and DREM:
Yes, the next version of EMXP (v3.09) will support DREM .DSK files.
I'm working on it - the development/coding work is almost finished but there's still a lot of testing to be done.
And I also have to do add some bug fixes (for bugs in existing features which have been discovered in v3.08).
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - EMXP and DREM?

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines