E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - One more up!!!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 06:06:23 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EIII Technical Issues / Tips
| | |-+  One more up!!!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: One more up!!!  (Read 5475 times)
Malekko

« on: October 11, 2009, 11:52:22 AM »

First off, a big "hello"!
Second, i thought you guys would be happy to know, i received a dead EIII keyboard in the mail yesterday. And due to this wonderful forums advice, and tech info she's already among the living!!!
Right now she's burning in, but looking stable. Man the previous owner sure loved drum sounds!!!
I'm going to tackle the CF mod as my HD is about to go belly up (only a few banks will load..the others give me an error)
I've been looking around for the "white flower" kingston and they seem to be scarce. Although there is one on Ebay right now that i may just bite the bullet and bid on.
I dont know jack about CF cards...any others confirmed to work?
Thanks fellas!
Josh
dr.c
E-mu Doctor

I'm a hot dog !

« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2009, 12:12:48 PM »

Hi ! Happy about the good news.
An idea : why don't you leave your newx machine "rest" a bit, before re-operating it ?

As well, you know, at E-Mu service in Santa-Cruz, there was a banner telling :
"IF IT WORKS, DON'T FIX IT !"
Malekko

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2009, 12:24:08 PM »

Hi ! Happy about the good news.
An idea : why don't you leave your newx machine "rest" a bit, before re-operating it ?

As well, you know, at E-Mu service in Santa-Cruz, there was a banner telling :
"IF IT WORKS, DON'T FIX IT !"

Just because it's functioning now doesnt mean she'll be fine the next time i power it up. The power supply is stable, but my HD is not. From what i know about the instrument, it hasnt been powered in a while (hence the burn in)
2/3 of the banks result in a hardware error...so a good guess is i should replace it with something pretty soon.

The Malekko slogan is "Dont half ass something..just because it powers up doesnt mean it's "good""
I know, it's a silly slogan, were working on simplifying it!  Grin

The plan is to play it, learn the instrument...then most likely in a few weeks ditch the HD
It's OS 2.30 too so i need to get the 2.42...

rokuez
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2009, 12:59:42 PM »

I dont know jack about CF cards...any others confirmed to work?

I'm not sure if other CF card brands work.

But I know that the kingston cf with the purple triangle and white flower work http://www.purelygadgets.co.uk/images/user/products/Kingston1GBCompactFlash.jpg

Macbook Pro 2.6 Ghz, 2.3 intel cpu w/ RME Fireface 800 Mackie HR824 s, PC p4 2.3 180 gig hd, 2 gb ram, Emu 1212m adat out 2 the rme, M-Audio Midisport 2x2, & . Atari ST Notator SMPTE Tracker, Yamaha kx88 , E-mu Emulator II, 2 Emu Emulator III rack, Prophet 5 Rev2, Andromeda
Malekko

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2009, 01:16:30 PM »

I'm not sure if other CF card brands work.

But I know that the kingston cf with the purple triangle and white flower work http://www.purelygadgets.co.uk/images/user/products/Kingston1GBCompactFlash.jpg
Yeah, i've been on the hunt for one of those...theres one on Ebay and that is the only one i could find...all the vendors i saw were out of stock.
Do you know a source for those..maybe i overlooked someplace
dr.c
E-mu Doctor

I'm a hot dog !

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2009, 01:26:07 PM »

The plan is to play it, learn the instrument...then most likely in a few weeks ditch the HD. It's OS 2.30 too so i need to get the 2.42...

Instead of messing around, make IMMEDIATELY copies of software on diskettes, at least three !!!!!  DO THIS NOW, NOW, NOW, NOW, NOW !!!!!!!!!!!

Put the diskettes in an ULTRA SAFE PLACE, they worth GOLD, because the day you are in trouble, you can retrieve the internal calibrations of the machine !
Malekko

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2009, 02:36:08 PM »

The plan is to play it, learn the instrument...then most likely in a few weeks ditch the HD. It's OS 2.30 too so i need to get the 2.42...

Instead of messing around, make IMMEDIATELY copies of software on diskettes, at least three !!!!!  DO THIS NOW, NOW, NOW, NOW, NOW !!!!!!!!!!!

Put the diskettes in an ULTRA SAFE PLACE, they worth GOLD, because the day you are in trouble, you can retrieve the internal calibrations of the machine !

Yeah, i already tried...i get an error  Sad
dr.c
E-mu Doctor

I'm a hot dog !

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2009, 05:31:41 AM »

Don't stay like this, because if your hard disk fails, you will NOT jhave sotware, and not even a working floppy reader !!!

Clean the floopy reader and buy other floppies.
Malekko

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2009, 10:36:53 AM »

Hey Doc,
Do you have a service manual? I also have a distorted voice on 13...swapping the voice cards it stays on 13.
dr.c
E-mu Doctor

I'm a hot dog !

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2009, 10:54:16 AM »

Yep !

Its a 1,8 Meg pdf

Where can I send it ?
12bit

« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2009, 10:54:37 AM »

Hi Dr. C.

I would love the service manual for the EII as well if you could send it to me via kenneth()12bit.com.

Thanks a lot for all your fine work here at this forum.

Kenneth
12bit.com

E-mu Systems Emulator, Emulator II+, Emulator III, Emulator III Rack, Emulator IIIXP, SP12 Turbo, E-mu Systems SP1200 (gray face), Drumulator + Pad Controller, Emax, Emax II, E6400 and E6400 Ultra + a lot of other synths/samplers.
dr.c
E-mu Doctor

I'm a hot dog !

« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2009, 11:30:14 AM »

Done !

Its a pleasure !

Cheers
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - One more up!!!

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines