E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - EII's with dual 5.25 floppy drives - Formatting and saving banks.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 07:32:30 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EII General Discussion
| | |-+  EII's with dual 5.25 floppy drives - Formatting and saving banks.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: EII's with dual 5.25 floppy drives - Formatting and saving banks.  (Read 3231 times)
JMP

« on: December 13, 2009, 12:00:44 PM »

Quick question if anyone can help. Looks like my No. 2 (bottom) 5.25 floppy disk drive head is out of alignment preventing formatted and saved banks on floppy working on other EII's (or in the other drive).

Other than swapping round the drives, is there a way of telling the EII to format the disk in Drive 1 and not Drive 2? I can't find anything in the manual or within the EII to tell it to format the disk in Drive 1 instead ! Sorry if just being thick....  

Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2009, 12:03:44 PM by JMP » Logged

midipuppies

« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2009, 01:32:13 PM »

Hi there. What I would do is disconnect the lower drive and the unit should think that there is only one drive installed. It should default to the upper drive.
Good luck.

Jay

The problem is not the problem.
Your attitude toward the problem is the problem.
JMP

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2009, 03:14:52 PM »

Thanks Jay, will try it.

Also wondering if I can also configure the drives to swap over their designation without actually moving them, i.e. with pin setting configurations. Will take a peek tomorrow and see if this is feasible.

midipuppies

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2009, 03:17:57 PM »

You sure can. Just switch the jumpers around. One is set for Master (upper) and the lower is set to slave.

Jay

The problem is not the problem.
Your attitude toward the problem is the problem.
JMP

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2009, 03:27:32 PM »

Excellente, that looks like the best way to go. Thanks Jay.

realreem

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2009, 05:29:43 PM »

can someone  copy the eII 3.1 software on a 5.25 disk or 3.5 disk and sell it to me i can pay through paypal
breakdiggers@gmail.com
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - EII's with dual 5.25 floppy drives - Formatting and saving banks.

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines