E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - EMXP: Convert from EB3 to SF2 Results in Crash

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:44:57 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EIII Technical Issues / Tips
| | |-+  EMXP: Convert from EB3 to SF2 Results in Crash
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: EMXP: Convert from EB3 to SF2 Results in Crash  (Read 2912 times)
who

« on: December 14, 2014, 11:17:51 AM »

Hope it's ok I post this here, but when I try to convert from EB3 to SF2 EMXP 3.01.02 crashes.  I'll do more testing to see if I can get more specific details.
esynthesist
E-mu Software God

« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2014, 01:44:50 PM »

I don't think it's very useful to post this kind of general statements on this forum.
For problems with EMXP, especially crash problems, please contact me directly on my e-mail address (esynthesist at yahoo dot com).
In the rare situations where EMXP would actually crash instead of giving a proper error screen, the crash is typically caused by the presence of very strange or unexpected data in the source file.
To fix the problem, I often need the specific source file which caused the crash.

I'm pretty sure there's no general problem in EMXP regarding conversions from EB3 to SF2.
I just performed a batch conversion of 20 factory EB3 banks of 4MB each, and the conversion was successful.
who

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2014, 04:04:14 PM »

I post here because someone either has or will experience the same problem.  Having said that, I consider myself very lucky to have EMXP at my disposal and will contact you directly in the future.
who

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2014, 07:02:21 PM »

It was just one EB3 file that caused the crash.  Unfortunately, it was the very first in the list.  Thanks again for your help esynthesist!
esynthesist
E-mu Software God

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2014, 04:29:35 AM »

It's reassuring to hear it's not a major issue.
But I'm still interested in the EB3 file causing the crash. Because EMXP should never crash, so I'd like to fix this anyway to improve the quality of EMXP.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - EMXP: Convert from EB3 to SF2 Results in Crash

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines