E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Floppy controller chip?

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 05:27:58 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EII Technical Issues / Tips
| | |-+  Floppy controller chip?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Floppy controller chip?  (Read 2014 times)
vavido

« on: January 27, 2016, 03:33:11 PM »

Hi Emulator guys!

I have a really nice emulator II+ HD, with only problem, it will not boot. I have installed the Hxc drive but the result is the same with the "insert diskette" massage. (First time I installed the Hxc I got the "file format error" message instead , but after updating the firmware to latest version 1.8.xxx the "insert diskette" massage is the only thing I have.

I have checked the cable and power and everything seems fine, so now I suspect that the floppy controller chip could be corrupt.

Anyone have an idea where to find this chip on the main board?  Smiley

Kind Regards

Vavido

TX16W
A3000
A5000
vavido

« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2016, 09:25:26 AM »

Found out via this excellent forum that the Z80A SIO/2 chip could be corrupt. Ordered it from UK, and now the floppy disk is working, and my emulator II+ boots up Smiley!

My sampler is originally an HD version, but the ROM chip and the scanner has been changed to support  the non-HD version. Extremly happy now! :-)

The Lotharek disk emulator is not working yet, but I guess it must be the cable or the jumpers.
dr.c
E-mu Doctor

I'm a hot dog !

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2016, 07:27:11 AM »

There's also a chip, 24 pin, WD1711, if I remember well (that's 30 years ago, mate !) Take it off and put it back
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Floppy controller chip?

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines