E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Emulator II key needed

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:12:29 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EII Technical Issues / Tips
| | |-+  Emulator II key needed
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Emulator II key needed  (Read 9213 times)
rediatek

« on: July 05, 2009, 12:10:13 PM »

Hello,

Just wondering where I could get one key off the Emulator II keyboard? Preferably in EU.

Thanks,

Redi
dr.c
E-mu Doctor

I'm a hot dog !

« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2009, 01:23:28 PM »

It was made by Mitsubishi, but I doubt you can get any.
rokuez
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2009, 01:29:32 PM »

Hello,

Just wondering where I could get one key off the Emulator II keyboard? Preferably in EU.

Thanks,

Redi

i saw a couple on ebay two weeks ago but they where listed in USA I believe.

check out http://www.vintageplanet.nl/  <-- on your browser hit ctrl F for Find type "Emulator" and it will take you to the place in the parts list where there are keys for sale.

Macbook Pro 2.6 Ghz, 2.3 intel cpu w/ RME Fireface 800 Mackie HR824 s, PC p4 2.3 180 gig hd, 2 gb ram, Emu 1212m adat out 2 the rme, M-Audio Midisport 2x2, & . Atari ST Notator SMPTE Tracker, Yamaha kx88 , E-mu Emulator II, 2 Emu Emulator III rack, Prophet 5 Rev2, Andromeda
rediatek

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2009, 10:11:10 AM »

Hello

Thanks a lot for the info. I will try that place...
Any idea what other keyboard key would fit?? Worse case scenario will try alternative synth if possible

thx!

Redi
HideawayStudio

Hideaway Studio

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2009, 04:01:13 AM »

Hello

Thanks a lot for the info. I will try that place...
Any idea what other keyboard key would fit?? Worse case scenario will try alternative synth if possible

thx!

Redi

Hi - I've been doing some research too and I've found that the EII share's it's keys with the Korg DS-8.  It is also possible that the keys in the Kawai KI might be the same too.

This would be superb as there are a lot of old/scrapped K1s about.

My EII has sadly been damaged in transit resulting in the top and bottom keys being broken - this is a really common problem and explains why most places have sold out of top and bottom C keys.

EII+, EIIIXP, EMAX II Turbo.  Electronic Design Engineer and Collector/Restorer of Vintage Music Gear
dr.c
E-mu Doctor

I'm a hot dog !

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2009, 05:39:21 AM »

When we were receiving E2's, by dozens,  (I was the service manager for the french distributor) these keys were always dismounted and I had to put them back in place, along with the usual tests and checks (220V switch correctly positionned, no screws or nuts hanging aroung inside the machine after transport, etc ...)
Jim Stout

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2009, 06:56:45 AM »

The keys from the Kawai K1 work perfect!

I had a broken k1 and swapped out some keys  last light!
 Wink

dr.c
E-mu Doctor

I'm a hot dog !

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2009, 07:59:38 AM »

Thanks for thr trick !!!!!
Elmbeatz

Official E-Mu Addict

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2009, 09:23:15 AM »

COOL!

rokuez
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2009, 01:55:24 PM »

Wink

do you know if the end keys of the k1 will work for the end keys of the EII.

I have two EII's, but the first one i picked up has a broken end key Sad  (far right end key)

Macbook Pro 2.6 Ghz, 2.3 intel cpu w/ RME Fireface 800 Mackie HR824 s, PC p4 2.3 180 gig hd, 2 gb ram, Emu 1212m adat out 2 the rme, M-Audio Midisport 2x2, & . Atari ST Notator SMPTE Tracker, Yamaha kx88 , E-mu Emulator II, 2 Emu Emulator III rack, Prophet 5 Rev2, Andromeda
Jim Stout

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2009, 04:47:08 PM »

I replace the hi C key with the K1 hi C!

Perfect!   Grin
HideawayStudio

Hideaway Studio

« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2009, 04:52:45 AM »

Wink

Hey Jim - very many thanks for trying my suggestion  Smiley

After looking into this the other week I didn't have any way of proving my theory.  Did you swap over the key weights?  The K1 is not weighted.   

Some of my EII keys are bleached grey in tiny fleks - lord knows how this has happened - now you've confirmed the likeness I will get an old K1 too.

EII+, EIIIXP, EMAX II Turbo.  Electronic Design Engineer and Collector/Restorer of Vintage Music Gear
Jim Stout

« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2009, 08:42:13 PM »

I didn't have to swap over key weights. The K1 keys have metal key weights on them. They are perfect!

rokuez
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2009, 11:57:12 PM »

I didn't have to swap over key weights. The K1 keys have metal key weights on them. They are perfect!

thanks for the pics.

i'm not seeing the metal weights tho?  are they on the plastic keys??

wintermute

« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2009, 01:16:58 AM »

Thats so cool...I have like 3 keys broken (and quick fixed) on my EII...now I have to find a cheap K1 so I can fix the keyboard to be perfect. Thanks for the trick!  Grin
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Emulator II key needed

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines