E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - I have a Dre(a)m and its up and running

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:55:20 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EII General Discussion
| | |-+  I have a Dre(a)m and its up and running
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: I have a Dre(a)m and its up and running  (Read 4813 times)
brian_ronn

« on: April 22, 2019, 05:02:47 AM »

Hi Emus

I've just finished installing a Drem and its now working like a dream. Nice, silent and fast.

I have skipped the part that makes the EII boot from the Drem as it required soldering on the mainboard of the EII. Instead I boot the EII in HD OS 3.1 from the Lotharek HxC drive. Once the EII has finished booting the Drem gets in action.

I can recommend doing the upgrade as the original EII HD is at the end of its life.

Best regards

Brian

PatPend

« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2019, 09:38:48 AM »

Nice.  How did you format the HD images?  Another post (http://eiiiforum.com/index.php?topic=3147.msg11839#msg11839) indicated this was tricky because of the need for a defect sector list.  Did you run to any problems?

Emulator II+HD, OMI CDS3, Prophet 5 rev. 3.3, OB-8, DX-7 E!, LAMM Memorymoog, Behringer Model D
brian_ronn

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2019, 01:31:49 PM »

Hi PatPend

First of all I had to set the R-PU jumper on the ACB4000A MFM controller to disable the write precompensation. On the Drem SD card Theres a .cfg and .dsk file for the EII HD. I enabled those files in the Drem. Booted up the EII from the Lotharek HxC with the HD OS 3.1 and initiated the format routine. After a short while the virtual HD was ready to access and store banks on.

Best regards

Brian
Denmark
« Last Edit: April 24, 2019, 02:13:11 AM by brian_ronn » Logged
brian_ronn

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2019, 02:11:38 AM »

Hi PatPend

First of all I had to set the R-PU jumper on the ACB4000A MFM controller to disable the defective listing. On the Drem SD card Theres a .cfg and .dsk file for the EII HD. I enabled those files in the Drem. Booted up the EII from the Lotharek HxC with the HD OS 3.1 and initiated the format routine. After a short while the virtual HD was ready to access and store banks on.

Best regards

Brian
Denmark

A correction of the above is in order: The R-PU jumper on the ACB4000A has to do with disabling the write precompensation.
PatPend

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2019, 08:31:01 AM »

Hi PatPend

First of all I had to set the R-PU jumper on the ACB4000A MFM controller to disable the write precompensation. On the Drem SD card Theres a .cfg and .dsk file for the EII HD. I enabled those files in the Drem. Booted up the EII from the Lotharek HxC with the HD OS 3.1 and initiated the format routine. After a short while the virtual HD was ready to access and store banks on.

Best regards

Brian
Denmark

Thank you for this information.

Emulator II+HD, OMI CDS3, Prophet 5 rev. 3.3, OB-8, DX-7 E!, LAMM Memorymoog, Behringer Model D
brian_ronn

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2019, 12:27:04 AM »

Hi again PatPend

Now you can use Emxp v3.09.1 from www.emxp.net to create the .dsk and .cfg files and store EII banks onto the .dsk files.

This is a very nice feature/enhancement provided by Esynthesist.

Best regards Brian
PatPend

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2019, 01:35:56 PM »

Hi again PatPend

Now you can use Emxp v3.09.1 from www.emxp.net to create the .dsk and .cfg files and store EII banks onto the .dsk files.

This is a very nice feature/enhancement provided by Esynthesist.

Best regards Brian

Yes I've been using it and it's glorious.  Awesome work by Esynthesist!

dfiorucci

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2020, 06:32:08 PM »

How long does it take the Drem to be up and running after power on?
brian_ronn

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2020, 01:02:13 AM »

Hi Dfiorucci

The Drem takes approx. 7 to 8 seconds to boot up.

Best regards

Brian
dfiorucci

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2020, 01:39:23 AM »

Very Cool
So you could load a blank operating disk with the HXC in 3 seconds and be ready to boot into the drem within 7 seconds.
That is so cool
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - I have a Dre(a)m and its up and running

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines