E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - E III PALs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:10:08 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EIII Technical Issues / Tips
| | |-+  E III PALs
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: E III PALs  (Read 3003 times)
OB8

« on: December 09, 2019, 05:14:11 AM »

Hi All,

I have a couple of EIII's here which I am slowly attempting to restore. I have read through quite a bit of the forum posts regarding PALs and though there was some discussion about burning new ones, I can't seem to find any final word on the matter.

One of my units has several faults on the microcontroller board. Firstly, IC33 has failed and is preventing boot up. IC33 is the microcontroller memory PAL PAL22V10, Emu no. IP372.

Does anyone know if it is possible to read data from this PAL and write a new one? If so can anyone shed any further light on that?

Thanks
Luke
« Last Edit: December 09, 2019, 05:46:44 AM by OB8 » Logged
Stephencl

« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2019, 09:54:43 PM »

My understanding is that there is a software program that will allow you to decompile the instructions written to the PAL. I have also heard that the Bin files to most of these chips are floating around somewhere, but I have not seen them. I am looking for the pals for the memory upgrade to take a 4MB unit to 8MB. So far no luck for me either.

I will keep my eyes open for you!

Good luck!

Stephen
midipuppies

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2019, 08:07:07 AM »

I've got an 8MB unit here that has GALs that can be read by my programmer.

I'll probably get into it next month.

The problem is not the problem.
Your attitude toward the problem is the problem.
dvdborn
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2019, 01:15:49 AM »

I would also love a second set for my backup EIII.
OB8

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2020, 01:45:58 PM »

Hi guys,

Thanks for your replies thus far. After much searching I am still coming up empty handed regarding the PAL's

If anyone has gear with GAL's in, such as what you have indicated midipuppies, it might be a good idea to collect as much data as possible and preserve it here or somewhere, so the EIII's can be kept alive going forward.

Midipuppies - Would you be willing to collect and send me the files? Does your machine have many GAL's which could be read on the micro board? I would be happy to assist or even pay you to collect the data if you have access to the ones I need. Details in the original post....

Stephencl - I did find a guy who is making and selling the 8mb upgrade GAL's. I will PM you his email address.

Thanks again
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - E III PALs

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines