E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Converting SD files from Mac Formatted CD to windows waves files

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:23:21 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EII Technical Issues / Tips
| | |-+  Converting SD files from Mac Formatted CD to windows waves files
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Converting SD files from Mac Formatted CD to windows waves files  (Read 2488 times)
rdemon

« on: August 27, 2009, 06:36:24 PM »

I have a mac formatted CD containing a set of E2 SD files (they have some of the burner, OMI files).  I would like to convert the files on the CD to a format I can use in a PC sampler like Konktakt.  Do you I need a piece of software than can read mac formatted CD drives on a PC?  Can I use emxp direct?

Ron
dr.c
E-mu Doctor

I'm a hot dog !

« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2009, 01:40:51 AM »

Normally, a CD burner program can read a Mac CD in "Copy" mode, or "mirror disk".

You can maybe then launch the copy and convert it to ISO9660 format ?

Well, on Mac, you can, with Toast.
esynthesist
E-mu Software God

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2009, 03:56:34 AM »

If the CD is in hybrid mode, you will be able to read it on a PC.
E.g. the CD from EmulatorArchive is readable on a PC.

But to make the files usable for EMXP, you'll have to add an extension .EII to each of the files, because Mac does not work with extensions (Mac uses resource forks and signatures).

A quick way to do this is to download the trial version of MacDisk for Windows (www.macdisk.com).
This program can read any Mac CDROM (even non hybrid pure HFS ones).
Define in the signature editor that all signatures which you can see on your CD should receive extension .EII when copying them from CD to your PC harddisk.
E.g. when I load the EmulatorArchive CD in MacDisk, the SDII files seem to have the (basic) signature [filetype = TEXT, creator = ttxt]. So in the signature editor I just added an entry saying that files with these characteristics should receive a PC extension ".EII". Don't forget to save this updated signature configuration before extracting the files from the CDROM !
By the way: on a 100pct Mac disk, the signature of SDII files will be [filetype = EMBK, creator = XFER]. This is the signature required by SoundDesigner for Emulator II.

dr.c
E-mu Doctor

I'm a hot dog !

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2009, 09:28:03 AM »

Wait... I'm not sure he's got a Mac !

Ther is a way, if he's got a mas as well, to convert and transfer by using Alchemy.

dr.c
E-mu Doctor

I'm a hot dog !

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2009, 09:11:16 AM »

AFFIRMATIVE : there are tools to cpy CDs, WHATEVER IS THE FORMAT
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Converting SD files from Mac Formatted CD to windows waves files

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines