E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - New user. First question (sampling tips)

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:27:04 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EII General Discussion
| | |-+  New user. First question (sampling tips)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: New user. First question (sampling tips)  (Read 2629 times)
Cretino

« on: August 17, 2021, 06:29:17 AM »

Hello and thanks for the add.
Just got my emulator II and was wondering if I can ask a couple of questions

I?ve read the manual but I still cannot figure a few things out

Sampling on the machine: I seem to get best results using +20db (I sample analog synths) but it?s quite hit and miss and I wonder if there are best practices to sample on the emulator (for example should I compress the signal before going to the machine?)
So to get a full preset you need to take at least 3 samples right, as the max is 2 full octaves.. I still struggle to get similar sounding samples across the keyboard?
Also a lot of my samples have a quick sound at the end of the sample which in turn is quite annoying. any way to smoothen that out?

Any help or any tips really appreciated
« Last Edit: August 17, 2021, 09:14:44 AM by Cretino » Logged
who

« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2021, 10:22:29 AM »

Hi,

This probably doesn't help, but I sample analog synths too, except I do my sampling outside the EII, then convert using EMXP.  I find the process to be much more efficient, but at the expense of not using the EII's converters.
JMP

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2024, 04:36:37 AM »

Been absent here for a while and realise an old post but.... key to getting a good range of samples is not using the max two octave range for each sample. I use a minimum of 5 samples (more if memory allows), first at bottom G going down to lower and upper C, next one again at second G going down to C# and upper C and so on. If you run out of memory then lose a few keys at the top range, but looping and truncating after the loop will regain a bit of memory.

It's all fun and quite a challenge, but rewarding when you get a good sample range that sounds 'right'. Sound Designer will help you with those loops if need to get rid of pops and clicks, otherwise perseverance with 'autoloop' until you get the right points in the waveform. 

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - New user. First question (sampling tips)

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines