E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - EMXP does not see SCSI drive

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:07:06 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EIII General Discussion
| | |-+  EMXP does not see SCSI drive
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: EMXP does not see SCSI drive  (Read 1716 times)
Larenzo

« on: February 20, 2022, 05:04:18 AM »

Hi all

I like to use EMXP to manage disks for E3.
On WinXP , using Advansys scsi adaptor.
HDDraw and Translatorfree can see the attached scsi hd.
However, the EMXP will not show this hd.
Any thoughts on why Huh
Thnx in advance, grtzz Lars

any project ? save save save!
esynthesist
E-mu Software God

« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2022, 10:35:44 AM »

Apologies for the late reply, I'm currently not following the Emu forums anymore (nor working on a new version of EMXP).
It's correct that EMXP can't see drives that can only be identified by their drive number.

When connecting a SCSI drive to the computer by means of a SCSI interface (e.g. Adaptec), Windows will not assign a drive letter to the drive. The current version of EMXP requires that Windows assigns a drive letter, not just a drive/disk number (this is also mentioned in the reference manual).

As a consequence, in practice only memory cards that are used in a card reader/writer in the Emulator-III (like the SCSI2SD) can be managed by EMXP, not "real" EIII SCSI hard disks.

I was considering to add disk access by drive number in a next version of EMXP, but I can't promise this will ever be done.

///E-Synthesist
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - EMXP does not see SCSI drive

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines