E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - EIII infos about Keybed and Card Cage / E3 Mother PCB wanted

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:39:44 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  Emulator Parts Guide and Group Buys
| | |-+  EIII infos about Keybed and Card Cage / E3 Mother PCB wanted
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: EIII infos about Keybed and Card Cage / E3 Mother PCB wanted  (Read 723 times)
Zarcon

« on: April 02, 2022, 01:32:56 AM »

Dear all,

now it's time for me to join this wonderful forum. Have been reading your lines for quite a while now, plenty of posts helped me a lot to restore my EIIIXP. But now I am after the real thing: Resurrecting an EIII!

I got hold of all the card's still holding all the precious chips as well as of both jack boards last year. I don't know if they are working yet, but want to figure this out, which brings me to my first question:

Does anybody have detailed pictures of the card cage and the motherboard at hand?
I searched on the web in every corner, found some pictures of cards and other details of the EIII, but that PCB with the neat "Mom" tattoo has not been shown off in its entire beauty and cage...

As I guess that the E3 MOTHER PCB will not be available anywhere for sale, I would like to recreate the PCB and would be happy about any helping information about it. Measurements would be great too...an entire assembly a small dream, an entire assembly in a disemboweled rack housing my ultimate phantasy... Yes, I read the service manual and having the schematics at hand is nice, but having images of the real thing would be helpful to verify my theory.

BTW: There must have been a disemboweled EIII rack housing somewhere in the states still featuring the Mother PCB, Card Cage and E3 RACK FRONT PANEL PCB, as I bought it's cards as of the seller, who unfortunately did not own the missing parts. Exact measurements of the front plate of a rack would be nice to know too, as it would then be possible to recreate it and therefore also it's front panel PCB....

Recently I stumbled across a virgin E3 KEYBOARD FRONT PANEL PCB and panel overlay over at Syntaur (as of today - 2nd of April 2022, no joke - there is a set still available on their website), which arrived last Friday. Strange feeling to have that board lying in front of me with the protective foil still sticking on the LED display in 2022, around 35 years after it's production...

Which brings me to my second question:
As this now tends to get some kind of desktop synth instead of the initially planned rack recreation, I need to figure out which keybed was used in the original EIII Keyboard. Searched the web, found some unspecified spare keys but neither brand nor model was stated anywhere. I have a weighted Fatar 61TP/9S with aftertouch reserved for this project and would like to figure out how to adapt it to the EIII.

Any hint would be welcome!

Chears Zarcon

Oh, and no, I would not sell any of the parts, having hunted for an affordable EIII for over a decade now...

« Last Edit: April 02, 2022, 01:43:29 AM by Zarcon » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - EIII infos about Keybed and Card Cage / E3 Mother PCB wanted

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines