E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Help wanted for Emulator II please, is it worth repairing?

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 12:01:53 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EII Technical Issues / Tips
| | |-+  Help wanted for Emulator II please, is it worth repairing?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Help wanted for Emulator II please, is it worth repairing?  (Read 2208 times)
wangdangdo

« on: January 30, 2010, 04:23:06 PM »

Hi, Im completely new here having never even posted a message! but I have inherited an Emulator II from my friend who died last year, he was the keyboard player in Echo & the Bunnymen & it comes with about 200 disc's of sounds he collected & used on there albums & there live show's from the 80's. Its got 2 floppy drives installed & he had a large external power supply fitted by some London shop in the 80s, apparently this was the thing to do for hardcore touring & this Emu has had a hard life touring the world. it has been residing in a garage for the last 15 years it was working when it was put away but it look's quite beaten up now with rust on the jack sockets etc. I have a tech guy who is great with old analog gear but is not to up on stuff like this EII. my question is, is it worth repairing? or is it very expensive to get these wonderful machines going again? is there someone in the UK who is the man to take it to? I would love to see it working again even just for sentimental reasons but as I remember it did sound great.
thanks in advance for any help with this. cheers wangdangdo.
Elmbeatz

Official E-Mu Addict

« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2010, 06:20:48 AM »

It's absolutely worth being repaired.
The sound is incredible you know it.
Take it to your tech, open the thing, let him look inside. I bet he can tell you whether there's a chance or not.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Help wanted for Emulator II please, is it worth repairing?

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines