E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Emulator II Keyboard Contact Issue

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 11:14:19 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EII Technical Issues / Tips
| | |-+  Emulator II Keyboard Contact Issue
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Emulator II Keyboard Contact Issue  (Read 3149 times)
ghostlightfx

« on: February 11, 2010, 03:50:04 PM »

Hello All,  New here but I must say Im glad i found you guys.  Have an E2 thats been in my basement for last 10 years.  Took it out for my son to experiment with and its having keyboard issues.  3 notes dont sound.  So took apart keyboard and found that 1 of the rubber contact caps has separated from the rubber strip.  Any idea how to repair this or a source of replacement contacts, (LOL) Im sure I know the answer to this already.  Also what cleaner to clean them all with?
dr.c
E-mu Doctor

I'm a hot dog !

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2010, 02:42:01 PM »

Hi !

They are manufactured by Mitsibishi, this is alla I know. Sorry...

To all : I was at the hospital for a long while. I'm back in town but I have to take it easy.
Elmbeatz

Official E-Mu Addict

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2010, 02:46:57 AM »

I was at the hospital for a long while. I'm back in town but I have to take it easy.

Oh welcome back, Doc!
Hope you're allright!
ditabeardmemo

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2010, 01:27:46 PM »

Doctor C, very sorry to hear about that! I think I speak for everyone here when I say hope you're feeling better!

E-mu Emulator II+ HD, Emulator III 8MB, Emulator III Rack 8 MB, Emax II Turbo Rack 8MB, Emax SE HD Plus Rack, Drumulator; Ensoniq ESQm, SQ-80; Waldorf Microwave Rev. A; Oberheim Xpander; Sequential Circuits Pro One; LinnDrum; Kawai R-100; Moog Voyager RME; Roland Juno 60, SH-101, TR-808, TR-909
dr.c
E-mu Doctor

I'm a hot dog !

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2010, 02:43:46 PM »

Hi chaps, its getting better.

I went to change my sex. To install a bigger one...

Okay... Whats the problem ?
The keyboard is made by Mitsubishi and there are contacts the same in the Kawai keyboards, this is all I can tell.
You can still a working rubber pad and one end of the keyboard where its not very often used and swap it with the bad one. (And put the working one at the other place, do I really have to tell ?  Grin )
« Last Edit: April 10, 2010, 02:45:49 PM by dr.c » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Emulator II Keyboard Contact Issue

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines