E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - libraries

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:51:26 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EIII General Discussion
| | |-+  libraries
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: libraries  (Read 18626 times)
Elmbeatz

Official E-Mu Addict

« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2008, 01:31:22 PM »

but I see most samples are much more than the 8Mb Ram that is available on the E3. So these should be unplayable on an E3, right? Or am I wrong?

Another possibility is to convert those EIIIX banks to 'normal' EIII banks, and put these banks on another CD-ROM.
EMXP supports this. It can read the EIIIX bank from the original CDROMs, convert them to EIII banks (with choice between 4M and 8M banks) and put these banks on a CD ISO image which can be burned to a new EIII CDROM with any CD burning software.
Of course a 32 MB bank EIIIX will not fit into one 8 MB bank, but EMXP will try to create multiple 8MB banks in that case. This conversion process may take some time, but most of the time it works  Smiley

HAH HAH!  EMXP yeah. PRO STYLE!
Emulator anyone?
You found your home here!!   Grin Grin Grin
galaxiesmerge

« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2009, 01:01:34 AM »

The quantity of northstar seems a little disappointing... the selection of instruments sounds pretty boring, too..
then the price!

I'd really like to have something like the EII-OMI library, which is sooo big and excellent...
Any other ideas for resources?

greetz,
Elm.

Hi folks - I just bought an EIII keyboard w/8 megs. I have in the past been an original owner (along with Fairlights and this is one heck of a great instrument).  I do have Northstar and the prices are ridiculous for the sounds they provide.  Sample you favorite VST instruments in EIII and use those --- much better with the analog circuitry.  You can do better by designing and sampling sounds using a VST instrument (like the Arp 2600 by Way Out Ware) and then applying the EIII Filters for that reall fat analog sound.  Paying 250$ or whatever is a waste.  On the other hand, if the price came down to 25-50$, given the age of these libraries, then some of them are quite worthwhile.  I have the original CDROMS and some of them have deteriorated (perhaps use, perhaps other causes) to the point of no longer being readable (by anything, even MOTU's Mach 5 which can read Emu disks!). 
FYI - here's my old analog CS80 : <a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/guzvcHNwJOI&rel=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/guzvcHNwJOI&rel=1</a>
If there's enough interest I could sample my CS80 and provide the samples for a minimum cost (small labor and materials).  Or you could sample the Arturia CS80V. Let me know if you like.  I have not seen a CS80 sample set for the EIII.
Elmbeatz

Official E-Mu Addict

« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2009, 07:53:57 AM »

Wow!
That baby's rare....
Elmbeatz

Official E-Mu Addict

« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2009, 02:41:32 AM »

Hello!

I have more than 60 CD-roms for the Emulator. I think, maybe I have everything for the E-III, the E-IIIX and ca. 2500 soundbanks for the E-II, many are converted for Mac-remote using.

That's quite a lot.
Can you give any details?
rokuez
Administrator

« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2009, 07:59:00 PM »

Hello!

I have more than 60 CD-roms for the Emulator. I think, maybe I have everything for the E-III, the E-IIIX and ca. 2500 soundbanks for the E-II, many are converted for Mac-remote using.

That's quite a lot.
Can you give any details?

This character supersurrexit was a scammer.  He also admitted that he was the ebay seller selling the EIII that was supposedly modified.

supersurrexit wouldn't answer anything directly when asked about the mods.  He would only claim that it was very complicated, but he would never offer any details.  Furthermore he wasn't willing to have another EIII forum member visit him personally in Hungary Budapest to verify that he could indeed modify an EIII. 

He is now banned from the Emulator Forum.

Macbook Pro 2.6 Ghz, 2.3 intel cpu w/ RME Fireface 800 Mackie HR824 s, PC p4 2.3 180 gig hd, 2 gb ram, Emu 1212m adat out 2 the rme, M-Audio Midisport 2x2, & . Atari ST Notator SMPTE Tracker, Yamaha kx88 , E-mu Emulator II, 2 Emu Emulator III rack, Prophet 5 Rev2, Andromeda
Elmbeatz

Official E-Mu Addict

« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2009, 03:17:33 AM »

oha.....   Shocked
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - libraries

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines