E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Need help, EIIIxp doesn't start: CLIP - inside

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 11:10:42 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EIII XP Technical Issues / Tips
| | |-+  Need help, EIIIxp doesn't start: CLIP - inside
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Need help, EIIIxp doesn't start: CLIP - inside  (Read 26670 times)
dm34987

« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2009, 03:25:09 PM »

I joined this forum just to say this...

THANK YOU!!!

I had the same problem ubass described - floppy trying frantically to load OS (letters loading even appeared), and then nothing.... rescanning the SCSI bus through all ID's

I got 2 spare drives (for free thanks god), and nada, niente, nothing...

I got 2 spare floppies, PC drives of course, and (of course again) they didn't work

Until I twisted cable.....  Grin Grin Grin

Floppy was recognised, OS was loaded, it is now copying to a hard drive, and I just love you people here. After 3 weeks of having piece of scrap metal in my rack, my EIIIXP is wokring again

Going to sleep thinking happy thought.....
dm34987

« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2009, 01:12:10 AM »

I try this and now when the emu start he recognize the os 2.1 but still continu to search scsi device...
Do you know if I got to put terminators on the eIII or maybe somethin with the motherboard jumpers?

btw, same happened to me yesterday, AFTER my samsung PC drive was recognized by Emu.... it appears I had bad diskette, to be more precise, TWO of them. the third diskette with OS worked like a charm, so don't give up, try formatting several disks!
rectape

« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2009, 08:03:40 AM »

Can't anybody help me?

I bought an other eIIIxp with 32mb of ram and a hard drive inside.
It was running ok until I connect an external jazz drive with terminators.
Since this, I think the hard drive of my new eIIIx is deaed because when it powers on I hear the hard drive start but it stop before the "check scsi id n°2 which is the internal drive ID.

Now I got the same problem with the other EIIIx.

On startup it recognize the os but then it's a never ending search for scsi.

I tried to connect an 9.1gb hard drive bought on ebay: nothing,
I tried the cf card reader method describe on the EIII topic with acard controller and Kingston 1gb cf card: nothing.

Does anybody know if the drive you connect to this sampler need to have a formated e-mu EIIIx bank to startup correctly.

I bought two of this samplers, hard drives, terminators, cf card ide adapter, ide scsi adapter and a cf card 1gb and I still don't get it...................

I'm going crazy with this stuff, what can I do? Huh

HELP HELP HELP HELP
esynthesist
E-mu Software God

« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2009, 12:00:20 PM »

Rectape,

I'm trying to understand the problem you have...

Are you booting from a floppy disk ?
Because if you have an unformatted SCSI hard disk connected to the EIIIXP, you should boot from a floppy disk and then choose to format the hard disk/zip disk... Once this is done, the EIIIXP should be able to boot from the hard disk the next time you boot the machine.

///E-Synthesist

rectape

« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2009, 02:42:35 PM »

I boot from floppy on my 2 EIIIxp, they recognize the os versions but then they never stop to"checking fot scsi device".

I can't acces to any menu.

Is there a method to reset the EIIIx or something else?

Thank you.
Elmbeatz

Official E-Mu Addict

« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2009, 04:05:10 AM »

I tried several SCSI CD-Rom drives with my EIII.
I had the same problem as you: The EIII was cycling through the "checking....." procedure. I had to turn the EIII off, then disconnect the CD-Drive and turn it on again. Everything was fine again.
With the third drive I tested (Apple CD 300), everything worked at once.

So what I think is, that maybe the Harddisks you bought are somehow not compatible. I'm not a tech guy, but - as I said - my EIII has the same problems with several CD-Rom drives (in this case comparable to your harddisks).

I would disconnect all SCSI devices (just boot a testdrive with a floppy), and then start reconnecting the SCSI periphery (switching the EIII of each time of course).
rectape

« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2009, 05:40:52 AM »

Thank you for your answer,

I bought this hard drive on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.fr/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=370138303570

They say that's a fuji hard drive and they send me a hewlett packard scsi III with scsi adapter.
There are many jumpers on the hard drive and on the adapter.

I think it's not compatible.

Do you know if I can connect a ZIP 250 to the EIIIX?

Thank you.
esynthesist
E-mu Software God

« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2009, 06:10:40 AM »

You can definitely connect a ZIP250 to your EIIIXP. That's what I do...
Elmbeatz

Official E-Mu Addict

« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2009, 06:27:23 AM »

There are many jumpers on the hard drive and on the adapter...

Haha!
Reminds me of that one CD-Rom drive that didn't work with mine...
It had like 30 jumper-switches on the back.... I gave up on it  Cheesy

And yes - as E-synthesist said - a zip drive shouldn't be a problem.
rectape

« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2009, 09:09:03 AM »

Ok thank you,

so I will try this way : ZIP 250.

Maybe I miss somethin but I don't understand about how to set up or not the jumpers beside the scsi connections (1 jumper for internal, 1 for external).

In fact I don't understand the difference betwen terminator and terminator power...

If I connect an internal hard drive or a cf card reader, do you know if I need to put the jumper in place?

I have Terminators with led and a in line terminator.

I'll let you know when got the zip.

Big Thanks!
Escobar

« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2009, 11:01:38 AM »

Hello all,

Sorry rectape for not answering your question before but I haven't checked this site for some time now, been occupied with other things  Roll Eyes Wink
Anyway, check out emulator archives website about EIIIxp and SCSI:

http://www.emulatorarchive.com/Archives/Samplers/Emulator_IIIX/E3XSCSI/e3xscsi.html

There you will find (I hope) some answers to your questions about SCSI and terminators and terminator power jumpers etc.

How you set the terminator power jumper depends on which unit in the SCSI chain should supply the SCSI chain with power. It's all described on that site - there should only be one unit in the chain that does that! If you have more questions we try to work it out here (hopefully)  Wink

@ dm34987:
Nice to here that it worked out for you with the floppy drive!  Cheesy

Thanks,
Escobar

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Need help, EIIIxp doesn't start: CLIP - inside

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines