E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Sampling

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:14:01 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EII Technical Issues / Tips
| | |-+  Sampling
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Sampling  (Read 2069 times)
Dimensional Space
« on: October 10, 2010, 12:46:30 AM »

« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 03:00:51 PM by Dimensional Space » Logged
dr.c
E-mu Doctor

I'm a hot dog !

« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2010, 03:16:04 PM »

Look at your sustain and release
dr.c
E-mu Doctor

I'm a hot dog !

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2010, 03:17:09 PM »

And as well, your sample length, trucate it !
alphabyte

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2010, 11:20:10 PM »

I'm not sure if it is part of the Emulator II manual, but, there are some good guidelines for sampling in the Emax/EmaxII manual.

With an instruments like the Emulator, or any other sampler with modest memory capacity, it is helpful to maximize the way you sample. Increasing the length does help, but at the cost of precious sample memory.

Once you have a clean sounding sample, experiment with slowly truncating the tale of the sample until you begin to hear it effect the audible sample. As the Doc mentioned, you can create a sharp taper at the end of a sample, for instance if you sampled a wave from a noisy analog synth, so that the background noise more naturally fades out rather than giving you an abrupt click or cutoff.

Another very useful technique for managing sample ram is to choose your sample rate based on the spectrum of the sound you are sampling. If you are sampling a bass or kick sound that doesn't have much going on above 10kHz, than choose a low sample rate to conserve memory.

Definitely check out the Emax manuals. They should be readily available online, I think perhaps even directly from E-mu's website.

Hope this helps. Sampling your own sounds is definitely rewarding and the way to go in my opinion.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Sampling

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines