E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - EmuII boot problems

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:16:48 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EII Technical Issues / Tips
| | |-+  EmuII boot problems
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: EmuII boot problems  (Read 2295 times)
futurtastic

« on: November 16, 2010, 04:03:31 PM »

A friend recently had me look at his EmuII that doesn't boot. He has a large library of samples he's made on the EmuII over the last twenty years that he'd like to continue using.

When I flip the power switch, I can here the drives spin and a loud hum in all of the outputs. The LCD stays blank. I left it running for a while to see if anything would happen. but nothing came on. When I flipped the power off, the leds flash.

I am not very familiar with EmuIIs but I imagine that there are probably multiple problems with this one. Does anyone have a suggestion as to how I should approach restoring this synth? Is it practical to find and replace ICs should a major/unique component turn out to be faulty?
dr.c
E-mu Doctor

I'm a hot dog !

« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2010, 02:34:05 AM »

NOTE : EVERYTIM YOU TOUCH INSIDE THE MACHINE, TAKE OFF THE MAINS PLUG !
I don't say, "POWER OFF", I say "TAKE OFF THE MAINS PLUG FROM THE MACHINE"

First thing to do is to take off the power supply, resolder the soledrings of the connectors.
Look as well if the multicoloured connector (Molex) is not brown or burned at the place where the yellow wires come.

Put the PSU back in place, verify if you didn't forget anything, verify the verification, put back the mains plug and power up !

So ?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - EmuII boot problems

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines