E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - EIII with ZuluScsi

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 21, 2024, 01:47:23 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EIII Technical Issues / Tips
| | |-+  EIII with ZuluScsi
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: EIII with ZuluScsi  (Read 2324 times)
Michaelmeinl

« on: July 25, 2022, 12:51:47 AM »

Hello everyone,

I am new to the Forum and first of all thank you everybody for contributing.

I have an issue getting a ZuluScsi Drive to work in my EIII

My internal Harddisk died and I just wanted to replace it with the ZuluDrive.

However I can?t seem to get it to work.

First I tried it with the internalHD unplugged and the Zulu termination DIP "ON". The EIII does not even show any display and won?t start.
Then I got an active Scsi Terminator (Ribbon Cable). The EIII will start but the Zulu is not responding (no LED blinking).

When I have the old InternalHD plugged in after the Zulu the EIII will boot from the Floppy and I can access the ZuluDrive. But once I press any button the Display reads "no such bank".

Did anybody sucessfully install a ZuluScsi in the EIII and maybe point me in the right direction ?

Thanks in advance
Michael 
Deft

« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2022, 08:29:10 AM »

Hi, I don`t have Zulu, but i believe it is pretty the same as SCSI2SD. So what needed to be done - you need to configure zulu to 1gb partition size (EIII wont work with more than 1gb), and then try to turn on-off SCSI termination (usual scsi hell), SCSI ID (I use 1) and try switching SCSI 2 mode on off.

My personal scsi setup:   

ID 1 - E3 SCSI2SD HDD
ID 2 - Power MAC G3 HDD (also SCSI2SD)
ID 3 - E3
ID 5 - SCSI CD in Power MAC G3
ID 7 - CPU Power MAC G3

Power MAC is used for Alchemy, Sound Designer, Turbosynth, EIII remote.

All the best,
Kirill
« Last Edit: July 27, 2022, 12:33:43 AM by Deft » Logged
Michaelmeinl

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2022, 01:02:53 AM »

Great, thank you for the Tips !!

The following seems to be working:

I downloaded a bootable HD Image from EMXP.com.

Now the EIII boots from the Zuludrive. I just have to figure out how to get it to work without the internal HD Plugged in.

Thanks for the info with the 1 GB Partitions !! That helped a lot !

Cheers
Deft

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2022, 03:55:07 AM »

U r welcome ) Just unplug the HDD and try switching SCSI termination on-off on zulu.
who

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2024, 02:39:17 PM »

Hi,

I've been running a Fuzin Monster with a Compact Flash card for a number of years.  To take advantage of newer technology and it's benefits, I purchased a ZuluScsi.  I think I'm running into the same problem Michaelmeinl did.  If I install the ZuluSCSI with the compact flash, the EIII boots.  (Much faster than with the Fuzin Monster as the EIII doesn't cycle through SCSI IDs)  I then tried removing the Compact Flash and just running with the ZuluSCSI.  Unfortunately, the EIII wouldn't boot and the screen never displayed anything. 

When only the ZuluSCSI was installed, I tried both termination settings without success.  I even tried making an image of the CF card and put it on the ZuluSCSI, but that didn't work either.  (I just changed the extension from EZ3 to img)

This leads me to my next question:  The ZuluSCSI works with .img files.  as far as I can tell, EMXP doesn't create img files.  It creates EZ3 files.  How do I convert between EZ3 and img files?
who

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2024, 02:46:02 PM »

I tried removing the compact flash card and left the reader (and the ACard) installed.  The EIII boots!  What about having the reader and the ACard installed would make the EIII boot???
who

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2024, 03:03:32 PM »

I just tried making an image in EMXP then changing the extension and it works.
who

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2024, 09:11:05 PM »

Just to follow up on this thread, I think I found changing the extension to be unnecessary.

I also found I didn't have the termination setup correctly.  I still have the the compact flash installed as I like the idea of having a workspace available regardless of which SD card I have installed.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - EIII with ZuluScsi

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines