E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - EIII display and ZULUSCSI MINI questions

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 10:37:49 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EIII General Discussion
| | |-+  EIII display and ZULUSCSI MINI questions
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: EIII display and ZULUSCSI MINI questions  (Read 421 times)
lowpass77

« on: June 30, 2024, 08:46:34 AM »

Hello, i've introduced myself already in the "HELLO" section ,)

i got an EIII rack which does not boot - no floppy drive, no internal HD.

i bought a ZULUSCSI mini (i already had been using one for y KURZWEIL with good results, so i know the basics how to use it)

but the EIII does not recognize it, so here are a few q's (THANK YOU in advance!)

-  i found in the forum here, on the drive has to be  ZuluSCSIv1_0-1.0.9-4e2112b.bin
does it mean, on the card or the ZULUSCSI firmware itself = do i have to update the fw?

- how does the SD have to be formatted? i am on mac

- i downloaded the images from EMXP - with no results.

Could one of you give me a simple step by step ? I am in no way good with deeper computer tasks ;

- the second q would be:  which oled would you recommend and can i do the swap myself?
i do basic upgrades like changing Eproms, simple solder tasks and stuff but am not firm at all with electronics

thank you!

lowpass77

« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2024, 02:13:56 AM »

Could it be, the ZULU mini needs to be powered externally? see screenshot

EDIT i powered it now via USB cable.

I tried to put the OS containing EIIIOS242.img file ( from EMXP) on the 16b, fat32 formatted SD card via disc utilities,
but it does not accept the image.  Is the card too big maybe? thank you

* Bildschirmfoto 2024-07-01 um 11.13.28.png (75.94 KB, 952x344 - viewed 66 times.)
« Last Edit: July 01, 2024, 02:47:20 AM by lowpass77 » Logged
who

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2024, 12:04:58 PM »

It sounds like you may be running into the same problem I am.  See here:

https://eiiiforum.com/index.php?topic=4029.0

Out of curiosity, with your Mini installed, does the front panel display anything?
who

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2024, 12:08:02 PM »

As for the display, Noritake makes one that works very well in my experience.  I had it installed many years ago, but I believe I found the make and model on this site.
who

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2024, 12:13:50 PM »

I would try reaching out to this seller on ebay:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/luxdisplays/m.html?item=155660601206&rt=nc&_trksid=p4429486.m3561.l161211

His parts aren't exactly cheap, but in my experience the items he sells are high quality and he makes installation easier.  Just my two cents.
lowpass77

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2024, 08:40:19 AM »

thanks, yeah, i've seen your thread before. Since there are are various files on EMXP,
which one exactly was it the EIII could boot from? And was the card just a blank fat32 card?  (mine is 16gb = too big? )

The store i bought my Zulu Mini from told me, it has to be the typical ZULU .h01 etc file, so i've been wondering
how you did it.

thanks!
lowpass77

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2024, 12:15:28 PM »

do i understand correctly in the link you posted, that
- it needs an internal hd to get the zulu recognized? ses
(btw, the previous owner told me, at the time they had heir 3 modified at E-MU for "a delay of one of the SCSI busses")
- and secondly, that there is a general (display black bars only) problem with the zulu MINI?

thanks

_______

EDIT

weird, when i put the (fat32 formatted) card with the EMXP image , renamed as suggested to HD1.img, in the ZuluMini, then the Zulu blinks 3x = no image recognized.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2024, 03:09:50 PM by lowpass77 » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - EIII display and ZULUSCSI MINI questions

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines